Saturday, January 29, 2011

Keyboard doesn't work correctly

For Notebook users:-

Every notebook has it's own keyboard fixed with it.

Some times, we may use an external keyboard (pc's keyboard) to replace the notebooks keyboard. To do this, we need to use PS/2 converter to hook up the keyboard to notebook.

After removing the hooked up keyboard, the notebook keyboard should be ok. But, sometimes, it may happen where, after removing the hooked up keyboard, the notebook keyboard doesn't function correctly. This happened to me.

After searching for troubleshooting online, I found the following solution.

Hit some combo of keys, usually shift + numlock, or fn + numlock, or something along those lines, you can disable that. 
(taken from : http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/502637-laptop-keyboard-problem.html)


I hit fn +NumLk (F11) for my notebook and now my notebook keyboard works correctly.



No comments:

Post a Comment