Friday, January 14, 2011

Window 7 - Problem in installing device?

Now, we slowly migrate from Win. XP to Win. Vista and then to Win. 7. Soon might be, Win. 8 or  above.

While using, Win. XP, we might be using some devices, such as a printer, scanner and  so on.

In my experience, I have been using Win. XP for several years. I bought an HP LaserJet 1020 printer and installed the driver by having a cd. It worked in Win. XP. No problem.

But, when I started using Win. 7, the driver from the cd, cannot be used to install the printer. After some on-line searching, I came to know that, the problem was because of my 64bit Notebook.  Commonly, we are used to 32bit Notebook or pc.

To solve this problem, just type, for example  'HP LaseJet 1020 64bit for Window 7' and search for the suitable driver on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment